Integrating health and social care services
Better Care Fund
The Better Care Fund (BCF) was announced by the Government in the June 2013 spending round, to ensure a transformation in integrated health and social care.
The BCF is a single pooled budget to support health and social care services to work more closely together in local areas.
Our aim is to provide care and support to residents in Hammersmith and Fulham in their homes and communities with services that coordinate around individuals, improve outcomes, improve experience of care, maximise independence and provide joined up case management.
We will achieve this by:
- Helping people self-manage and providing care navigation, working in partnership with our local community and voluntary sector, particularly with local faith groups.
- Investing in locality based social work, working alongside GPs and care navigators to prevent reliance on expensive health and social care packages.
- Reducing delayed discharges from hospital through strengthening 7 day social care provision.
- Integrating NHS and social care systems around the NHS number through a single point of access across health and social care, to ensure those frontline professionals, and ultimately all patients and service users, have access to all of the records and information they need.
- Improving outcomes through transforming the quality, consistency and coordination of care across nursing and care homes in Hammersmith and Fulham and improving primary care support to our care homes.
- Coordinating dementia support across health and social care ensuring an effective pathway from early diagnosis to end of life care.
Updates about the Better Care Fund in Hammersmith and Fulham will be made available on these pages whenever possible.